Thursday, March 01, 2007

In the end

Death is generally accepted as the inevitable conclusion of our journey on earth. Some embrace it; others live in fear of it. Despite our individual reactions many religious persons find solace in the thought of a better life after death. As a result although we may dread the hour and mode of our death, many draw strength from their spiritual grounding.
However, how many of us would choose death for the sake of our beliefs? How many would find the strength to overcome the uncertainties in our minds? This is not an admonition. This is a question that I, like most persons I suspect, would have great difficulty answering. Even when we feel we are in a spiritually strong position, the mind's power to focus our thoughts negatively and illuminate our doubts must never be underestimated. Though the spirit is strong, the mind…

So I ask myself all that I say and I do is so open and simple and yet some choose to judge if it is for real or not, and especially when a set of circumstance, event, and tragedies all but gives the faintest whiff, the smallest illusion the guns come out blaring and being the egoistical idiot I am, I go and entertain and defend.

And I think to my self aloud... if the choices I make and the action I take allow people to question so be it because in the end they would be my choices that they would have to live with right or wrong let them be my legacy coz in the end right or wrong i pay the price for it.

How can something be so simple and yet people make a meal out of it and the icing on the cake would be suckers like me addressing it

No comments: