Tuesday, March 27, 2007

When is personal too personal

What started out as a routine sms turned out to an all out debate/war over the nature of MY BLOG and why I blog what I blog. Amazing.

Started out by someones asking whose baby it was and I replied mine hahaha ( an attempt to close the subject). Unfortunately the matter did not end there. It went on and on and on.

Here is a reality check, when you blog ur vulnerable to comments and opinions, that part and parcel, I take them in my stride, but if a blogger does not wish to to into the depths of his blog and choose not to answer take a big hint DONT FUCKING ASK ANYMORE!

So....How personal is too personal?
Back when I started blogging, I always imagined that my blogs were something that only me, and a few personal friends would read.

I now realise that that no longer is the truth, after 794 posts and xxx page views every month, from over different IP addresses. Some may be one-time visitors, and others may be returning visitors. The first question that springs to mind is: Who reads this blog? I know some members in my family does, some of my friends, some of my enemies and strangers form all over. It does not matter to me.


When I 1st started blogging I posted this remark in my profile
things that make u go hmmm... I learn in many ways then one that I am an average joe.. a human being, being myself in spot in my world and sharing it with others...dat makes me human...yeah I have my up's and downs... but who doesn't. Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home, we surf the web... at the same time, we feel emptier, lonelier and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history…..being a human

Quote
The second, important question is: How personal is too personal for a blog? In attempting to satisfy “Human Interest”, and the need to get stuff off one’s chest, where should one draw the line in writing about one’s personal losses and victories? Many examples of blogs where people just go too far, and end up stigmatizing themselves?

Yours truly has been in that position.


So came the remark if blogs are personal why have comments on them.
I think one of the more compelling things about blogging has to be the feedback. Having people feel the same way you do, understand where you are coming from and spend the time to let you know they agree is just a satisfying and fulfilling side effect of writing online. Comments dun mean to ask more then your supposed to even if you know the person personally.

It basically boils down to this, weather in blog or in life or daily conversations/gossip if the other party dun want to talk about it DONT FUCKING ASK ANYMORE!

It cannot be more simple then that and yet people make it difficult

Amazingly Jnr Vadai understood better then people around me. Dun make life complicate... keep it simple



1 comment:

foreverinteresting said...

Children are the next purest to God they say. Bringing them up by being transparent with them would make them think and analyze more rationally compared to the others. you have a great son if he does understand u. Many don't have that personal touch and closeness with their kids....

Enjoy! Don't bother what people think as long as your son is there by your side, he would be your world......