Sunday, April 09, 2006

13 YEARS AGO

Firstly this was a good weekend, a very good weekend and it reinforced all that I fight and stand for, but a blog for that will follow.

Call me a sentimental fool but I am a sucker for a good movie, not just the stars, a good script, amazing camera work, sound then who jigsaw puzzle. Time and time again I continued to be dazzled by its magic. Among such moments was one 13 years ago I stood/sat in awe of the magic of movies.

I don't know why I loved this movie so much. Maybe it was the utter amazement when I first saw the Brachiosaurus eat from a tree. Or maybe it was my adrenaline rushing when two 12 year old were attacked by velociraptors. It might possibly be the chills that went down my spine when the T-Rex first made his terrifying roar. Whatever it was, it made me write this blog as I watched the movie again with jnr vadai over the weekend

What can be said about this movie that hasn't already been said? I know that this has some of the greatest special effects, even today. Also, if there's anything that can match the awesome T-Rex, it's the movie's musical score, I even got the CD of the score, absolutely magical.

Each character stood high in the starts especially Dr. Malcom, the math guy, one comment sticks in my mind when he spoke of the direction of science

Dr. Ian Malcolm: I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you're selling it, you want to sell it!

awesome!!!! and how true!!!

It the end it a movie but a damm good one booya

No comments: