Friday, April 28, 2006

Goodbye, MGG Pillai


m sad.... a great journalist, a light for the PRACTICALITY, TRUTH & SHOWING YOU BLACK AND WHITE when all we see is grey around us, veils of mistrust played by people you lead to trust.....lies all around us



"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."






From jeffooi.com

The veteran journalist who covered the Vietnam War, got expelled from Singapore as a foreign correspondent, and the man behind MGGPillai.com, passed on at 10:40hr today due to heart complication.

MGG_PIllai_web.jpg

MGG was instrumental in the launch of discussion group Sangkancil in 1995 - Malaysia's first online community. I will remember the guruji, my passionate greeting whenever I saw him, as Malaysia's pioneer in cyber activism for using the Internet to pursue his craft -- journalism and political commentaries.

My deepest condolences to his family members. May guruji rest in peace. The torch shall burn on.

No comments: