Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Virginity Part 2 - The saga continues

Since Teddykins say it a hot topic, and I am futher intrigued by the responses to what it mean to lose your virginity? Lets talk a walk... open our minda.

The way we are educated - you are a virgin until you've had sexual intercourse with the member of the opposite sex. In this day and age, same sex also should count, this definition leaves a lot of people out of the loop. While certain government lawmakers are looking to redefine marriage to include same sex partnerships.

I use the work 'I' loosely here coz when I of virgins, I think of "wedding innocents" who define sex as a synonym for gender. The fact is, the standard definition of virginity lets you get away with having a lot of different kinds of sex was still being able to call yourself a virgin.

For theory sake, under the old school definations of virgin, someone who is homosexual can have sex every day and still be a virgin. Someone who has oral sex regularly is also still a virgin. Does that really make sense? Something is out of whack.

How about these as some serious questions (on the net)

Is someone who is raped or molested no longer a virgin?

Is actual intercourse the only act that counts when determining ones virginity?

If you willingly engage in other intimate sexual acts but do not have intercourse, is it fair to still consider yourself a virgin?

How would you define losing your virginity if you were/are homosexual or bisexual?

Is being a virgin based on your feelings, what you do, or is it a combination of both?

Is there an emotional component to losing your virginity, meaning if you have sex but don't feel anything is different about you, does it count?

Is the current definition of virginity, and all the social stigma attached to it, biased toward girls? Is this right?

Does the current definition of virginity exclude homosexuals? Is this right?

Is virginity subjective (based on how the individual views themselves and what they do) or objective (how the situation is viewed by others on the outside)?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way i look at it I think you are getting very obsessed with this virginity clause since you have started a part two of the series.... If someone wants to stay a virgin let it screw with them. We have no say in it though we may think its very foolish. My two sense words will be just to say " as long as you are happy" to the one who comes by and say they want to be and remain a virgin. If they are to be disappointed or regret in the future its their life. This topic can put to rest now.

I can't wait to see your part two of your saturday gathering for now

darthvadai said...

Chill Nish, I do value you comments but all it did was shake the tree in the previous blog and since the response was good, I tok it one step further.

It is not my intention in any way to influence, promote or deny anyone their right to make a stand for their sexuality.

I am not obsessed merely fanning the flames. Who ever want to stay a virgin and feel they are a virgin so be it. Do not take it personally.

I think i will decide when this topic should be put to a rest or nt, but thanks you for contributing.

Note: It was meant to be a 12 part series, Sat pics up soon

darthvadai said...

dey!! itu coin are 2 face tau

Anonymous said...

Sorry to tell you what I was hoping to see next in your blog now. Anyway keep up your blogging and your 12 or even 24 series of Virginity CHATS!!!! Sayonara for now!!!!

PS: I'm always chill.... I'm not a kid nor a sensitive bloke! :) CHeers....

Angie Siew said...

Aiya.. virginity is just a piece of wantan skin la.. easily koyak la... don lose sleep over it.. muahahahahha...

Anonymous said...

and 'wantan skin' can be repatched like Madonna did

and we also can sing 'like a virgin touched for the very first time' like Madonna did

thats gal power

can a guy get his virginity back? hmmm repatch what ah?

to a man (mostly not all) its the act first time no offence guys many do it with hooker and walk out like a champion feeling like a 'MAN'. its abt penetration - either with a woman or man. everything evolves ard his tool.

for woman its a whole experience mind body and soul- thus the wantign to be with the right man for it to happen - the state of submission completely-trust. some of us lose it without knowing gentleness or love and im one of the many- but we live on and discover that later-the completeness and the experience is like a virgin all over again.

if she is raped she losses trust- a man who wins that trust again- will definately make her feel like a 'virgin'

send Teddy to me and i will close this chapter :) i promise to be nice and hide my whip

naraknas said...

wahhh ! this bear must learn to keep silent ...anyway vadai why isnt my number passed over yet ????

Well let me rest all ur hearts and souls with this....as I have said before virginity for some is a choosen virtue and for some being asians its just tabu (yes ppl like that do exist specially among indians)...

Today we have come sooo much further then man/women before us...equal rights and everything and as such i believe in equality and being fair to all...

And i offer a simple argument if I am a virgin then I have the right to ask u to be one as well...

which bring us back to is virginity over rated ? Yes and no and I might argue this to kingdom cum....in short..

Its ur freaking body, its ur freaking choice and its ur freaking life...

And to sum it up...I am just waiting for a person I am comfy with to "loose" it....I am fearful yes not gona denny that (I can just blog on why on this)...tho I might haf spoted someone that I think I am comfy with (details private!) but then again I am still accepting proposals...so ladies get hold of vadai...(sorry anneh had to advert a bit)...

In the end its ur own personal choice no matter what other ppl think its ur life and ur choice dont let ppl ruin it for u...

darthvadai said...

to each is our own. some see a glass half empty some see it half full


cheers

Anonymous said...

Naraknas... u must be indian! heheheheheh :)

naraknas said...

Cathy, u bet I am and a fuzzy one!

ooOOOo...am I being sold off too ?