Tuesday, April 25, 2006

For those who know of what I speak of

Jenny eventually tells the professor that she's sleeping with a woman and it's like she's possessed by a demon. Well, that would explain the opening sequence, as well as Jenny's eye make-up.

[Jenny is writing. Scenes from the party are intercut with a hallucination of her English professor as Abraxas]
Jenny: I'm sitting in the chair, writhing in agony. A demon, a minor demon, is pinning me there, fucking with my head. 'Abraxas', he says, 'I'm Abraxas, the demon of lies and deceit'.
Abraxas: So, what do you want to know about lies, my dear?
Jenny: I'm not a liar, I try again to get up. This time I'm flayed, splayed. I feel myself screaming.
Abraxas: I'll tell you about lies. There are white lies and black lies, and many shades of grey lies. Some lies are justified. Lies told out of kindness, lies that preserve dignity, lies that spare pain.
Abraxas: Everybody's a liar, dear.

No comments: