Sunday, April 16, 2006

A gal deserve a great guy

Over the weekend, after loading up my sms, a fren sms the a mutual fren of ours had gone on a date with a nice guy (who we both know) the comments that came out of it was "she deserved a great guy" for a moment I froze, reading that line in the sms again and again. At 2am it sure can keep you wide awake. Key words is "great guy" after much pause I replied in my usual manner " Yeah right and they said before the world was flat". The recipient of the sms never understood my reply then again I never expected her to.

Through time, I have come across a number of female friends talk/chat/sms with me about their difficulty in 'finding a great guy.' On the surface, the search for a good man doesn't sound too difficult - women generally want someone who is funny, down-to-earth, who makes them feel like they're beautiful and fun to be around, and who is at least marginally attractive, above all treat them with respect.(Not bringing in Average Joe) Note : If guys want above average looking girls to go out with, then girls got to have the right of choice to go with above average looking guys. Sorry but this knife will cut both ways.

So why so difficult to get a great guy? Are women just looking in the wrong places? I tend to think that there is a significantly larger pool of talented, intriguing, fantastic women out there than there are men. I agree that great men are in increasingly short supply. We have jerks and jerks!!! I know a few great guys, I love to intro them, any takers lol

If you take a graph and you line up the level of sophistication and matureness of women in general you find an almost level line high up. Now take it for a guy, and find that line scribbling up and down faster then a lie detector test. (This is not guy bashing)

I think one of the reasons women can't find a great guy is because they dun know how too. Girls are their own worst enemy based on hand me downs. Women dun know the love language of men. Women dun know how to get them interested and most importantly keep them interested. (guys are confused of what makes a women tick)

What defines a 'great guy?' What are the characteristics and qualities that make a man one to be admired, respected?

Think of the people you know, the men you talk to and interact with on a day-to-day basis. Do you know a man who you'd define as 'great?' What are the qualities you see in them? What makes them someone worth admiring or respecting? The jackpot question is would you introduce them to your frens who are available?

So are they actually great guys out there. Hell yeah, when you can peel away the pre-conceived notion and standards on looks, then look inside, there are a couple of great guys. The sad thing is as dumb as guys are to jaw drop on babes, girls are guilty too, so whats left!! Average Joes who get lucky sometime, rare but sometimes and the girls who get them are damm lucky. These are the great guys.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

few other factors to consider : age group ,experience or background, may sound corkly but also intelligent level

a 18yr old& a 38yr old looks for is different. what a average gal and a high flying corporate mak datin looks for is also different = defination of 'a great guy' differs

we need to know ourself - we need to find our greatness before we seek it and see it IN another

when a gal is told 'he deserves a great gal' - she wld go on the 'im not good enuff' episods.
if a guy is told the same...lol..its 'so whats so great abt him ah...he can do this meh...hehehe...ego bursting out here and there

there are no great guys/man only greatness in each one of them

~*~LostSoul~*~ said...

Sensitive Jerk ... :Þ

That's u darling ... call it corny ...

Anonymous said...

Good topic. Well I have a question... for a guy to say a girl deserves better I'm sure she's on hell drop dead figure for no man will ever say that to an ugly man!. THere's no such thing as a perfect man or a great guy because in every great guy they only go for looks! IF they are not after the looks then they are after the holes :).

darthvadai said...

LS fingers

FV good point

Nish good point but would you agree to the fact aside from holes and clevage that there are great guys out there

Anonymous said...

i would differ that Nishanthi : as much as we would like to think all man are jerks ...there are some good geniune ones - i know a few who has earned my respect more for doing the right thing for the woman in their life.

There are man who feels the woman does actualy deserve better for he cares & loves her & wants her to be happy - he knows he cant give all that she deserves & that makes him feel less. she might or might not be drop dead gorgeous. than its the woman's turn to stay the line & reassure him or walk away looking for greener prospect.
that is when we know someone wants you for what u are or who u are.

A man's love is much more deep & hidden than a woman's love. Strangely man can move on rebuild a family but deep in his heart only love one yet never show it or admit it. Unlike woman they cry in silence & endure the pain themselves. That is the beauty of a man..a true man.

The Malays say it best 'Cinta lelaki terbentuk, cinta wanita boleh di bentuk'

darthvadai said...

FV peribahasa melayu woh

Angie Siew said...

I found mine thru the Internet haha!

Anonymous said...

FV! u show those men to me and i'll prove u wrong!

Jennifer said...

I never thought of 'great guy' when I found my other half. I don't really remember what I was looking for before I started the relationship. I guess no matter what you THINK you deserve, at the end what you finally got is what you really deserve...In another word, it's fate. Haha!

Anonymous said...

Nishanti

hahaha save it i know where this is coming from. have your own blog show your existance. put pic u n vadai geng - i will show than the existence of such male frens. till than save your 'alter-ego' role.

if u need to ask why i cant show myself as to argue back what i have asked u - ask vadai why or accept its for someone i love.

peace.
its my funeral and i know it vadai will find one way or other to fry me here.

darthvadai said...

Nishanti & FV, can you kindly take you caper elsewhere coz its getting sickening to me.

I am not into guy or gal stereotyping or bashing and I strongly suggest to end it here. This would be a great launch pad for you both to have your own blogs

FV - "its my funeral and i know it vadai will find one way or other to fry me here." if i want to fry you i do it to you face, since the day you have started commenting on my blog i have been fair and impartial with you so please dun say that


Thank you both of you.

Anonymous said...

yes Daddy....will u alo spank me for being such bad bad gal..please :P