Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stopping to smell the flowers - a choice i make

Going through the routine of bloggin and reading other blogs I came across Svejjen and Shorts blog and I thought about it, Svejjen touched reminisence of Nasi Lemak but it was not just about the nasi lemak. Shorts spoke about choice and it made me think.

This weekend had been more of a revelation with me as with the workload I had I realised how important to have moments where you pause and smell the flowers, we are so cought up in routine that we just dun see life flashing by. I make it a choice to stop and smell the flowers. I allocate time for 'family' frens and jnr vadai. My world revolved around those 3 priorities, working my ass off to bring home the bread and at time it may not be enough but your out there doing it. You get so cought up in it that it becomes a vicious cycle sucking you down, so on Monday after the tender was over I make it a point to be there for mamak. 8 ppl laughing till they cry, laughing till sides ache having fun. Eating food leaving each own wories, aches, pain at the door and sat and enjoyed.


When Shorts wrote on her blog, I was blown away by the depth in mind this lady had, a very thought provoking article that made me read it twice. I came up with this comment

Joseph Epstein- All men and women are born, live suffer and die; what distinguishes us one from another is our dreams, whether they be dreams about worldly or unworldly things, and what we do to make them come about... We do not choose to be born. We do not choose our parents. We do not choose our historical epoch, the country of our birth, or the immediate circumstances of our upbringing. We do not, most of us, choose to die; nor do we choose the time and conditions of our death. But within this realm of choicelessness, we do choose how we live.


And yet we question choices we and other make day in and day out. hmmmmm

No comments: