Thursday, April 06, 2006

Since everyone is in a Song mode - Sting

Everyday we hear songs... new songs, old songs... we love some, we hate some... and from those we love we don't want to miss a single word... but understanding song lyrics is not always easy.

I don't always hear lyrics when I listen to a song for the first time. It takes some time for lyrics to sink in. I'll hear bits and pieces clearly--a few lines that stick out. But rarely hear the whole song. Sometimes, when I finally do, sometimes it makes me cry. This is one of those songs. It's a song I'll listen to over and over.

Name at Birth: Gordon Matthew Sumner aka STING

Sting - Fields of Gold

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky, As we walk in fields of gold

So she took her love, For to gaze awhile
Upon the fields of barley, In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

Will you stay with me, will you be my love, Among the fields of barley
We'll forget the sun in his jealous sky, As we lie in fields of gold

See the west wind move like a lover so, Upon the fields of barley
Feel her body rise when you kiss her mouth, Among the fields of gold

I never made promises lightly, And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in fields of gold, We'll walk in fields of gold

Many years have passed since those summer days, Among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down, Among the fields of gold

You'll remember me when the west wind moves, Upon the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in fields of gold, When we walked in fields of gold
When we walked in fields of gold


This is an amazing song, a song you can dance to on your own, dun need anyone for this, a song that can play in your mind, sooth the beast within you.

I love this song. As time passes these common events in our lives, like ordinary Barley, sometimes become the ones we remember and cherish and find strength in. They become Gold- the color of the ripe barley harvest. There was sorrow but the enduring relationship overcame it. Children offer hope. They could be the couples. There was common stuff like betrayal but somehow they endured and time healed. We all move on

A movie I relate this song to is the movie Forrest Gump. How he and Jenny played when they were little outside, trying to figure out who she was and what she wanted to do. And then when Forrest asks her to marry him, and is her using him and then leaving. The Forrest is running and running and thinking about her all the time and Forrest loving her until she dies. Gump goes to visit Jenny and finds out that he is a dad & little Forrest is running around outside just like his dad used to. In the end, Forrest remembering Jenny for the rest of his life and remembering how they played when they were little. This is just what I think, but I guess you can manipulate words anyway you want to get your point across but it would fit lovely into that. But this movie willl stand out for me.

Watch blog on the movie out soon

4 comments:

Svejjen said...

STING!!!!!!

Also on my list of approved listening...

miahahahahahahaks

"There'll be clouds, but, no rain"

marie said...

woi why red kaler la... sakit mata laaaaa!!

nice song tho

darthvadai said...

i like red woh lol

Angie Siew said...

Talking about red... I just bought a red nightie... silky and the top is lacy muahaha... I bought another beige colour and the lace on top is gold colour... I am going to Cameron this weekend with Ant... :P Shhhshhh hope he doesnt read this... I am going to give him a surprise!!!