Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Promises we make

Can you recall the last five promises you made?

I doubt it, if you can good on you. Today promises are a pale comparison of what the meaning stood for in generations before. In Jerry Maguire..Matt Cushman: [to Jerry] What you do have is my whole word, and it's stronger than oak. [shakes Jerry's hand]

When someone gives their word it stood for everything (in the movie Jerry got screwed la), in retrospect today promises are less in value. We just make them out of necessity, convenience, possibility, satisfaction, or for the sake la.

Some promises are binding. I got 4 to my mom that I would keep. Not coz I am forced to but have to, I was asked to. I gave them my word. I keep my word especially to them. Too bad we can share all our promises and we lead out lives directly and indirectly because of that. At time when people are bearing down on you, you wish you could tell the whole world the promise you made, but Promises are private. Never to be shared.

No comments: